Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Fall Cleaning

I know that most people do spring-cleaning but I like to do Spring and Fall cleaning. This means going through things twice a year. I am in the process of organizing my closets; this is a work in progress. My goal this week is to get rid of everything that I am not using. You should all know my motto by now. "If you aren't using it get rid of it." We are hoping to buy a house next year so I am trying to get rid of as much stuff as I can so moving will be a breeze. I get on these little actually I should say huge cleaning binges. When I get on these you better watch out because I get rid of everything. It all started with the Master Bath yesterday because I couldn't find my brush, I did find the brush but I realized that I had so much crap and I wasn't using half of it. So, I spent probably three hours going through everything. I had three piles, now the pile thing is a good thing when organizing. You have your keep, throw away and your donate piles. The smallest pile when you are done should be the keep pile. Since it was the bathroom I only had two piles this time, the keep and throw away. I ended up throwing away a whole garbage bag full of makeup, lotion, and other toiletries that were old and gross. When I was done with that I went on to the living room, my living room is quite easy to organize because it is so small so that didn't take long. I mostly got rid of a game system that my oldest son never plays with and some toys. I then proceeded to the front closet, I am quite proud of myself because I got rid of so much stuff in the closet, I have not been able to fit my vacuum in the closet but I can now. I got rid of a bunch of Easter stuff. The Boys get a new Easter basket every year and my closet was starting to overflow with them. I also got rid of my diaper bags and some other baby stuff.

Today I started on the kitchen, I am not done with it yet but I will be done in the next day or so.

Till my next post Happy, organizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment