Monday, August 22, 2011

Week 1: The closets

I live in an apartment so being organized is really important for my sanity. Four people in a two bedroom apartment can get kind of congested, especially when you really just don't have room. I have to keep up on getting rid of things all the time. Right now my closet needs some real help, it's been more about money than anything why I haven't done it yet. I discovered these really cool slim hangers, they make it so easy to fit more clothes in your closet. I get mine at TJ Max for $5 bucks a bundle. I also got rid of a lot of clothes and bought some baskets to put clothes and other stuff in. I need more baskets and the ones I have were discontinued so now I have to start all over again. I also, bought a shoe organizer but need to get another one. I tried the over the door ones and they never seemed to work for me, so I bought a wooden one that sits on the floor. I also, have my scrap booking stuff and other craft stuff, right now they are in bags but I would love to get some containers to put them in. I also need to get some containers for my winter clothes, right now they are just folded on my shelves waiting for a child to knock them down.
My boys room, I need to go through clothes and either get rid of or pack up clothes that don't fit anymore. I also need to get rid of some toys and other junk.
The front closet needs some real help, it is overflowing and driving me crazy, I can barely fit my vacuum in it and I would really love to be able to fit my vacuum and my steamer in there.
I'm not sure what I am going to do to make it better but I will let you know.
This is my project for the week. I will let you all know how it goes when I am done.


No comments:

Post a Comment